Skip to main content

Jack's First Proper Homework!


I honestly don't know who is more excited about this, Jack, or me and his dad!

This half term 'we' have an assignment! To learn about Neil Armstrong and the moon landing, and to design a planet! We have until the October holidays to sort something out so I have been doing a little research so that I know what I'm talking about with him.

First off I YouTube'd the moon landing! And once I sifted through all the rubbish I think I've actually found a recording of it! (Great shame about the idiots arguing in the comments on the video, can't let Jack read it because of the swearing!)


Next I had a look at kids ebooks on Neil Armstrong and found this: "Who Was Neil Armstrong" so we've been reading that on and off - it's a little bit grown up for Jack to be honest but it's giving us stuff to talk about so that's ok.



We are also lucky enough that Nana and Papee actually watched the moon landing on the telly back in '69. So when she looks after the boys for us on Friday she's going to talk to Jack about how they had stayed up all night to watch it, and how amazing it was to see real people doing something that had only been science fiction until then. Jack is going to write a little bit about it (I might even make him a little book to decorate and write in).

And the most exciting part.... Designing and making a PLANET! So it's papier mache time! I've been on Pinterest for inspiration and Jack has his heart set on a planet with rings, and he wants to make a moon too. We're going to start it this weekend, and hopefully finish it next weekend. I'll share pics!



I don't remember homework being this much fun when I was a kid..... But then we didn't have the internet in the Dark Ages making information and great ideas so easy to come by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Princess 💗 No.4 son #boyswhoaregirls #girlswhoareboys

via Instagram http://bit.ly/2G4fgYQ

Prosecco Gin Cocktails #hny #happynewyear #2019 to #2020

via Instagram https://ift.tt/36eg3kL

Pin it Party #19

Welcome to the Pin it Party! with your hosts  My Life as Mumma Walker  &  Embracing the Good Life Let's keep it simple: Link up any posts you have that you would like to have shared on Pinterest Follow the Host boards:  CharlieBeth79  and  embracingtglife Check out and pin other party linkies - as many as you can! Follow as many of the other party linkies as you can Follow this party's board and wait to see your post get pinned!  HERE I'd especially love to see great blog posts with pics, recipes, DIY, crafting, reviews, blogging advice, beauty & fashion. That said, it's pretty much rules free, but please remember that mine is a parenting blog so don't share something which might be seen as too offensive! The Button: You don't have to take one, but it's there if you want it! Tweet Powered by Linky Tools Click here  to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list... Follow Pin it Party by Ch