Skip to main content

Schwartz 2-in-1 Recipe Mixes Review (Part 2)



So the lovely people over at Schwartz  (via Mumsnet) have asked me to do a product test of these 2-in-1 Recipe Mixes for chicken. It's ideal because we LOVE chicken in this house and I'd love to try new ways of serving it to my kids that are quick and easy, and maybe even let them help!


Before I start let me say that all views and opinions in this review are my own. I have not been paid to make this review, but I have been given these 5 packets for free. 

Review 2: Garlic & Thyme Roast Chicken with Crispy Roast Potatoes


What better day than Sunday to try out the Roast Chicken packet? I'd promised my kids roast chicken legs this weekend and already had them in the fridge.

What it says on the packet:


This is designed to serve 4-6 people, and take 90 mins to cook. It suggests a 3 1/2 lb chicken but does say you can chicken portions or other sized chicken and gives guidelines for cooking according to weight. Very handy! It doesn't suggest any sides but we're having steamed veggies and a cheese sauce (coz the kids love it)

Cooking:


This is a very simple recipe to follow, and very easy to do. Ideal for someone who is new to cooking roast dinners and is maybe a little worried about getting it wrong.

I can't fault the cooking time for the chicken at all! while I had 4 chicken legs instead of a whole chicken they did weigh 3 1/2 lb and I followed the suggested cooking times. The chicken came away from the bone beautifully, wasn't over done or dry, over underdone and pink.

I was hesitant about the potatoes. My lot are fussy about potatoes. But they seemed to cook nicely and they certainly came out of the oven crispy just as promised!

How did it taste?


The chicken was very nice! Tender and full of flavour. There wasn't a scrap left on any ones plates. That speaks for itself!

 The potatoes were a bit hit'n'miss. They were indeed crispy, and lovely and fluffy on the inside. My eldest (5) said they were lovely and ate all of his. My middle son (3) didn't like them, but he doesn't like anything crispy or spiky so I was expecting that. My youngest (1) found them difficult to eat with his 8 teeth and gave up.

Although there is nothing wrong with this product at all I don't see it being one that we would buy again. Roast Chicken Dinner is a  family favourite here and we worked out how we like it best. I would recommend it for people new to cooking a roast chicken though.

Kids rating: 3/5

 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Princess 💗 No.4 son #boyswhoaregirls #girlswhoareboys

via Instagram http://bit.ly/2G4fgYQ

Prosecco Gin Cocktails #hny #happynewyear #2019 to #2020

via Instagram https://ift.tt/36eg3kL

Pin it Party #19

Welcome to the Pin it Party! with your hosts  My Life as Mumma Walker  &  Embracing the Good Life Let's keep it simple: Link up any posts you have that you would like to have shared on Pinterest Follow the Host boards:  CharlieBeth79  and  embracingtglife Check out and pin other party linkies - as many as you can! Follow as many of the other party linkies as you can Follow this party's board and wait to see your post get pinned!  HERE I'd especially love to see great blog posts with pics, recipes, DIY, crafting, reviews, blogging advice, beauty & fashion. That said, it's pretty much rules free, but please remember that mine is a parenting blog so don't share something which might be seen as too offensive! The Button: You don't have to take one, but it's there if you want it! Tweet Powered by Linky Tools Click here  to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list... Follow Pin it Party by Ch